Setting up a gathering inside your home is a great way to strengthen relationships with family, friends and acquaintances. It’s also a nice opportunity to show off your house and make everyone appreciate how dedicated you are in keeping your home stylish and comfy.
However, the biggest nightmare for any homeowner is preparing for a house party. There are a lot of tasks that you need to do — from the mundane to the crazy — before guests arrive at your doorstep. Cleaning your house is one of the first things that you should do before you welcome guests. If you are at a loss as to where to start, here are ten cleanup tasks that you need to prioritize for your next house gathering:
1. Sweep the entrance and shake off the doormat.
2. Remove clutter at the doorway, such as shoes or toys.
3. Clean up the bathroom, and put fresh towels, toilet paper and soap.
4. Arrange the bed if you don’t have time to clean the bedroom.
5. Sweep or vacuum the main house pathways.
6. Vacuum rugs and carpets because these are dust magnets.
7. Clear away clutter in the main areas of the house.
8. Empty out garbage bins.
9. Clean and arrange the refrigerator, and put drinks in the chiller.
10. Check the sofa for hidden “gems” like discarded tissue paper or candy wrappers.